Releases its new Climawarm+ outerwear collection.
Signs James Erkenbeck, of San Diego, CA, to a golf apparel endorsement agreement.
Second Skin Garment Co.: Reports on the booking of its spring 2014 line.
Launches the Street EVO One, a performance hybrid golf shoe.
Perry Ellis International: Enters into an exclusive, long-term licensing agreement with Nicklaus International Brand Management to design, develop, manufacture and distribute men's and ladies' sportswear, tailored clothing and accessories under the Jack Nicklaus brand and Golden Bear icon. The licensed territories initially include the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Belt it out
By Janice Ferguson
GPA Style Editor
Golf belts have gone from being merely an accessory - and sometimes a keep-the-pants-up necessity - to becoming a fashion statement of their own. There are numerous colors, materials and buckle designs to choose from. All offer an opportunity for self-expression and to display one's own sense of style. They also make nice stocking stuffers for the upcoming holiday gifting.
Here are some examples:
• Oakley's Ellipse drum-dyed leather belt comes is available for men and women. The men's version has a 1.5- inch strap, custom steel buckle and is available in black, chrome and white color choices, sizes S-L, $65. The women's version has an adjustable five-hole design, metal buckle, 1-inch width and comes in driftwood or black colors, sizes S/M or M/L, $45. www.oakley.com
• J. Lindeberg's striped grosgrain Slater belt for men has leather trim and metal hardware on the interlocking JL buckle that gives it casual wearability with style. The webbed band is 1.5-inches wide and comes in blue or grey colors. Sizes available are 28-40, $95. www.jlindebergusa.com
• Abacus' Fringe unisex web belt is made from 93 percent polyester and 7 percent elastane, making it stretchable to fit most waist sizes. The black and grey, green gecko and shocking orange color ways all reverse to a solid black, which makes the belt that much more versatile. One size fits most, cut to size, $30. www.abacussportswear.com
• Sligo's Vibe belt for men is made of leather and has a matte-finished chrome buckle with an epoxy fill logo. The subtle accent stripes add a bit of interest and detail to the cabana yellow, white, black and Milano red colors. The 1.5-inch band is available in sizes 34-43, $60. www.sligowear.com
• Puma's Formstrip belt for men takes the iconic sneaker logo and casts it in a silver cutout for the removable buckle. The 1.5-inch width all-leather strap has the Puma cat logo embossed at the tip. The Formstrip comes in black, vibrant orange and white colors, sizes S-XL, $55. www.shop.puma.com
• Nike's perforated leather belt for women is reversible, featuring black on one side and white on the other and it has a rotating metal buckle featuring the name Nike in rhinestones. There is five-hole adjustability for better fit and comes in sizes XS-L, $50. www.store.nike.com
• Travis Mathew mixes fabrication on its Corleone belt by putting a leather appliqué strip down the middle of a nylon strap. The .75-inch wide belt loop has the Travis Mathew "TM" logo in metal and the buckle is molded with a paint-fill face. It is available in black or grey, sizes S/M-L/XL, $55. www.travismathew.com
• Adidas' Trophy belt buckle is interchangeable so it can be mixed and matched to other belt straps and create a variety of looks. The buckle has lightweight multi-component construction with a premium finish and a contoured 3-stripe logo. The single size Trophy buckle comes in chrome, matte black, blue, orange and white and nautical, white and university red and black, $20. www.adidasgolf.com